Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 232: Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake

This is a recipe I've had forever.  I ran across it the other day while I was organizing my recipe files.  I've changed it over the years to suit our tastes.  It originally had a cracker crumb topping, but we found we like it better with cheese on top.  This is a fast and easy weeknight meal.

Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake
12" dutch oven

3 cups. cooked chicken, cut up into bite size pieces
2 - cans cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz cans)
1 1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. oregano
1 - 10-oz. pkg. frozen peas
1 - 12 oz - package wide egg noodles, (cooked al dente)(I use no yolk dumplings)
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter

In a large bowl, mix together cut up chicken, soup, milk, melted butter and peas. Add cooked noodles & 1 cup cheese; stir to coat. Transfer to your dutch oven. Top with the additional 1 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°.  Use 1 1/2 rings on top and 1 ring on the bottom.  Serves 8.

The Finished Product


The Review

This would be another good camping meal.  It is quick and easy and pretty tasty.  I normally try not to use much cream soup, but its good in this.  I like how simple this recipe is and I always have the ingredients on hand if I get short on time.  We gave this a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails